How to Settle in the UK?

“‘Indefinite leave to remain” – after you have lived legally in the UK for a certain length of time, you may be able to apply for permission to settle in the UK.

If you are applying to enter the UK as the partner or child of a British citizen or a person who is settled here, we may be able to give you immediate permission to settle here permanently.

If you are currently in the UK, your right to apply for settlement will depend on your current immigration category.

If you are considering applying for settlement in the future, please note that the Immigration Rules are subject to change. You must meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time when you make your application.

Most applicants for settlement must show that they have a knowledge of language and life in the UK.

If you were given permission to settle here but you then decided to live abroad for some time, you may be able to return to the UK as a settled person.

Latest Kobalt Law Tweet

Latest Kobalt Law Client Testimonials

English, French and Portuguese Re-mortgages

Thank you for completing complex mortgage repayments simultaneously in three countries. David and Stefano were excellent, remaining calm and efficient in trying circumstances. I was very satisfied with their service, and would not hesitate to use Kobalt Law again.  

Visit Testimonials Page