Kobalt Law LLP has a strong reputation for providing a high-quality, Cost-effective English an International services.
Our hourly rates vary from £450 per hour plus VAT for Partners and members, £300 per hour plus VAT for non-partner qualified fee earners [Solicitors and foreign qualified lawyers practising as Registered Foreign Lawyers] to £175 per hour plus VAT, for unqualified staff and wherever possible we offer fixed fees.
We do not accept or pay referral fees.
Our objective is to look after the interest of you, as our client, and not those of a third party.
98% of our clients are recommended to us.
We offer a free 15-minute consultation on new matters to all our existing clients or new clients recommended to us by one of our existing clients.
Fixed fees areas
We can offer fixed fees in the following areas:
Kobalt Law LLP, finds itself strategically located in the heart of Chelsea and Fulham where our clients expect an excellent and personal service.
For this reason, we allocate you a specialist solicitor at the outset.
They will deal with your matter from start to finish, providing you with continuity and the highest quality, bespoke advice.
Some of our staff work at our office in Burnaby Street, London and others in associated foreign offices, but control of each file is maintained in the London office, so every client has a point of contact in the London office, so as to maintain continuity.
Some of our team do work remotely or in associated satellite offices outside of London.
This means that if you need advice in different areas of law that are ancillary to your matter, we have the legal expertise you need at hand, including in property, litigation and wills and probate, both in England and Wales and abroad.
Our average fees to represent you in the purchase or sale of a property start at are £1,250 plus VAT and disbursements, [out-of-pocket charges or fees payable to a third party and not our legal fees] payable on the purchase, such a pre-contract searches and enquiries, pre-completion searches, stamp duty land tax, registration fees, leasehold purchase notice of assignment and notice of mortgage fees.
For a FREE detailed quote, please contact Stefano Lucatello, Senior Partner or in his absence, Mr Ali Onur Ulusakarya, Solicitor and Commissioner for oaths at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 749 3209.
Please note that if you wish to use a specific solicitor this quote may vary.
Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney
The will-making process differs depending on your circumstances and requirements.
If at this stage you are not entirely sure what terms you wish to implement, it may be helpful to complete a Will Questionnaire, which we can send you upon receipt of an email to email@example.com.
This questionnaire will help you prepare your will, allowing you to clearly express your wishes and helping to reduce any unnecessary tax liability.
You may then find you wish to supplement your replies by talking to us over the telephone or at the office before the will is drafted.
If you would prefer not to answer this questionnaire but rather to discuss matters with a solicitor at our office, you are more than welcome to do so.
Our fee for preparing a will starts at £500 plus VAT for each will.
Signing of documents
If you would like us to sign documentation, and in certain cases advise in respect of those documents, our standard fees are set out below.
Please bring your ID, including a picture ID, such as a passport or driving licence.
- Swear fees – no appointment necessary Solicitors have a statutory obligation to sign Affidavit and Statutory Declarations.
- We charge £25 and £2 for exhibit (cash payments only accepted).
- Certified copies – no appointment necessary
For certifying photocopies of original documents we charge £25 per signature.
- Please bring the original document that you require us to certify.
- If we are required to complete supporting documentation relating to the certification there is an additional fee of £75 plus VAT (£90).
- Advice relating to other documentation
- Please book an appointment and bring two forms of ID.
- If you are unsure of what type of documentation you require us to sign or advise you on, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide you with a fixed fee quote.
- advice relating to a legal charge – £400 plus VAT
- guarantee agreements – £650 – £1,500 plus VAT
- loan agreement (and advising in respect of a loan agreement) – £500 plus VAT
- witnessing a mortgage deed – £500 plus VAT
- verification for mortgage – £500 plus VAT
- Land Registry – Certificate Identity for Private Individual (ID1) – £250 plus VAT
- postponement of occupational rights – £500 plus VAT
- advice in relation to matrimonial loan – £500 plus VAT